Online Banking Best Practices
Unlike many online banking services, American Enterprise Bank’s BankNet requires you to enter your own access number and confidential password every time you access the system. For extra protection, follow these tips whenever you access or provide confidential information of any kind online:
- Never access your banking accounts on the Internet via hyperlinks in emails, popup windows or search engines.
- Always access your account by typing the web address into your browser or by selecting the bookmark for the genuine website.
- Never leave your computer unattended while logged on to Internet banking and always log out of your accounts after you have finished your banking session and then close your browser.
- Never give out your Internet banking password or use that password for anything else (for example, access to email).
- Change your passwords often and regularly. Do not use your date of birth, phone number, address or your name or name of a friend/pet/relative or anything that may be easy to guess. Use a combination of letters, numbers and characters for the highest security.
If you believe you are the victim of identity theft, contact us IMMEDIATELY and notify the Federal Trade Commission at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov, or by calling 1-877-IDTHEFT.
For more information contact your local AEB branch, or click here to contact us via email.