Loan Operations and Documentation Specialist
The Loan Operations and Documentation Specialist will provide operational and administrative support within the banks commercial lending function. Reporting to the Vice President of Loan Operations and Loan Administration he/she will be responsible for delivering excellent service to both internal and external customers.
- Services, boards, and maintains all loan types.
- Balances loan general ledger accounts and various other balancing functions and related reporting.
- Establishes and maintains relevant loan and work files.
- Processes loan payments and sets up necessary loan payment transfers.
- Prepares loan notices and communications.
- Completes various calculations including interest and payment calculations.
- Researches accounts, communicates findings effectively, and acts upon information to resolve errors, discrepancies, information requests as warranted.
- Orders credit report. Orders and audit flood certification, title work, UCC search, insurance certificates and other necessary vendor work to ensure requirements set forth by policy are met.
- Prepares UCC terminations and continuations as warranted.
- Prepares payoff letters and lien releases as warranted.
- Communicates with lender to coordinate closing and funding details.
- Maintains timely and accurate tracking logs for all loans during processing workflow.
- Facilitates scanning process and ensure loan files are accurate and orderly.
- Answers customer inquiries and resolves problems related to loan servicing activities.
- Performs a variety of routine filing functions.
- Assists in the set-up, tracking and updating of necessary ticklers.
- Compiles data for year-end processing and completes escrow analysis.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Associateís degree required, bachelorís degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 - 5 years experience in banking, preferably in the loan department.
- Familiar with FIS Bancline, PCFS 2000, and/or LaserPro a plus.
- MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook.
- Proven ability to multitask.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to remain flexible and withstand unpredictable changes to schedules and deadlines.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
(Reminder: Standard email is not encrypted and should not be considered a secure alternative when sending sensitive personal information)