Vice President, Commercial Loan Officer
The Vice President, Commercial Loan Officer will examine, evaluate, and recommend approval of customer application for commercial loans. In this role, he/she will ensure that the lending function is serving the bank’s objectives with respect to loan quality, credit risk, growth, profitability and business development. He/she will ensure that acceptable credit standards are maintained and that loans conform to established Bank policy and procedures, as well as, regulatory requirements.
- Interviews applicant and requests specified information for loan application.
- Manages loan portfolio for compliance of financial and non-financial covenants.
- Procures required updated financial information for new and existing customers.
- Requests property appraisals, applicant credit reports, background/reference checks and other pertinent information for loan evaluation.
- Analyzes applicant financial status, credit, and asset evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan or submits application to credit analyst for verification and recommendation.
- Compiles loan package and facilitates negotiation with applicant according to establishment standards, including fees, loan repayment options and other credit terms.
- Finalizes loan request presentation for Loan Committee and Board of Directors for approval.
- Ensures loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policy and approval.
- Ensures timely loan closing and funding activities.
- Identifies and analyzes potential loan markets to develop prospects for commercial real estate loans.
- Advises loan manager of external factors that may affect establishment lending policies, such a new or revised legislation and regulations.
- Recommends and implements appropriate changes of lending policies.
- All other duties or projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Undergraduate and/or advanced degree in finance or related area.
- Minimum 10 years experience in commercial lending.
- Knowledge of MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to concisely and clearly express opinions, observations and recommendations in a confident manner.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to remain flexible and withstand unpredictable changes to schedules and deadlines.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Must be able to work effectively with personnel at all levels.
(Reminder: Standard email is not encrypted and should not be considered a secure alternative when sending sensitive personal information)